Emirates ID is an identity card for all UAE citizens and residents which is issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. It is legally required for all UAE residents and citizens to apply for themselves and carry it with them at all times.
With Emirates ID you need to register the mobile number which you are using. In case you are using your Emirates ID to register for any governmental, non-governmental, or private entities online services then you might have asked to complete a two-step verification, which includes a one-time password (OTP) being sent to your registered mobile number.
However, if your registered mobile number is not in use anymore or if for any other reason you want to update the mobile number registered with your Emirates ID then is there any process to do so? The answer is yes, you can update your mobile number registered with your Emirates ID.
Steps to change the mobile number registered with your Emirates ID:
Step 1: Enter the Details
- Visit the link: https://bit.ly/3qoFzAe
- Enter the required details in the form
- Select your Current Nationality from a dropdown menu.
- Fill in Identity Number that is the Emirates ID number, printed on the front of the card.
- The File Number you will in your residence visa, which is stamped in your passport. When you are filling out the form, you will see the file number slots contain the following sections: department; year; service; sequence.
- Under the first section, ‘Department’, you would need to fill in the three-digit code that your file number starts with. For example, 101, 201, 301, 401 etc.
- The ‘Year’ is the year that your visa was first issued. Fill in the following four digits of your file number here.
- Under ‘Service’, fill in the first digit of the last part of your file number.
- Under ‘Sequence’ fill in the remaining digits.
- Fill in your name in English same as in your Emirates ID.
- As you fill your name in English the system will generate its Arabic version automatically.
- Enter your passport number.
- Enter your DOB.
- Enter your Last Entry Date this should be the last entry stamp on your passport when you have entered the UAE.
- Enter your Email ID.
- Enter the new mobile number that you want to update. After that, you will get an OTP for verification on your new number fill that into the form.
- Next, add your address details.
- Solve the captcha and proceed.
Step 2: Review your application form carefully:
The system will provide you with all updated details, make sure it is correct. In case you want to make any changes then you can go back to step 1 and can change. Once you have confirmed the details, step towards the final step.
Step 3: Payment:
After completing the form, you will be redirected to the payment page where you need to pay for the e-services. As of now the charge for updating your information is Dh52.10.
Once you have made the payment you will be redirected to the ICA website, where you will get a notification saying that your request has been successfully made and your details updated.
Once your registered mobile number has been updated, you can then easily use all the government smart services that are available to citizens and residents, which may require you to register using your Emirates ID.
For help, Applicants can contact directly to ICA's 24x7 hotline - 600 522222.