A UAE residence visa is a license that permits foreign people to reside in this country for an extensive period of time. The visa can be substantial for 2-3 or even 10 years may be renewed as many times as per the person’s requirements.
If your residence visa is due for renewal in Dubai and you wish to renew it, then it is possible to apply for online renewal, without going anywhere.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) manages visa-related issues across UAE (Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Umm Al Quwain, and Fujairah). ICA announced the step-by-step process an applicant should follow in order to complete the renewal of their residence permit online.
ICA announced in their social media channels that the renewal of visas can be easily done online through ICA’s website www.ica.gov.ae or by its Smartphone application "ICA UAE".
Steps to Renew Residence Permit in UAE:
According to the ICA steps you need to follow are as follows:
Step 1 - Register and create an account using UAE PASS or log in to smart services in case of prior registration.
Step 2 - Select the Residence Permit Renewal service.
Step 3 - Submit the application, check and update the retrieved information, and pay the charges.
Step 4 - Submit an application to renew your ID card.
Step 5 - Hand in the passport to the approved delivery company.
Step 6 - Your passport will be labelled with the Residency Permit sticker and afterward conveyed to you through the approved delivery company.
Note: Total time for the renewal of the residency permit is 48 hours, it is mentioned in the ICA online service portal.
Documents required for Residence Permit renewal:
The documents needed for the residence permit renewal may differ as per the sponsor, company, or family, as well as the type of visa. On the website of ICA, you will be getting a detailed list of documents for each category.
For a private sector employee or an employee in a free zone, documents needed for applying to renew their family’s residence visa are:
1. A new colour photograph of the sponsored person with a white background.
2. Passport xerox.
3. Medical fitness certificate approved by competent authorities for those over 18 years old.
4. Emirates ID application receipt.
5. Employment contract.
6. Accommodation lease (attested) or accommodation ownership by the sponsor.
7. A copy of the sponsor's passport with valid residency.
8. Medical Insurance (for Abu Dhabi visas)
Things to keep in mind while applying for Residence permit renewal:
In ICA's social media post it is clearly mentioned that while applying for residence permit renewal you need to make sure that whatever information you are providing is accurate.
1. Please ensure that the information you provide is valid and accurate.
2. Please make sure you enter your ID number and expiry date correctly when applying for renewal or replacement.
3. Please make sure the data you enter into the digital application form is correct before paying the fees to avoid delays in the processing of your application.
4. If all the data provided by you is valid and accurate then the application will get processed within a set timeframe.
5. Please make sure your data (like Phone number, email address, and delivery method) are entered correctly in the digital application platform.
6. Kindly note that the data you enter will be reviewed and validated by the ICA.